Thursday, February 11, 2010

Valentine's Day

Getting ready to leave for a quick meeting at work this morning and then it's on the ATL airport to fly out for ABS Nationals. I'm as ready as I'm going to be (given my current schedule) and pretty excited to compete in a nationals event on the east coast, at least I was until the double blizzards dumped on DC. As of this minute, Reagan International is still not open and only the underground portions of the metro are running (which doesn't help you if you're at the airport).

National weather service is claiming 4ft of snow with wind gusts up to 60 mph. As of now, the flights before mine today have already been cancelled, but my flight is claiming to still be on time. This is going to be a very long and blustery weekend with no guarantees that I'll actually make it to the gym in time to compete. No matter what, it will be an adventure. I'll keep posting on that situation, but in the meantime, I wanted to talk about Valentine's Day.

Nationals has always fallen on this weekend, and so, for the past 4+ years, I have not been with my husband on valentine's day. While many people hate valentine's day for the hallmark holiday that it is, I love it for all the reasons I love every movie that has Tom Hanks & Meg Ryan together. I don't know how much longer I'll be competing at events like this, but I'm really looking forward to the day I get to celebrate a Valentine's Day in the same state as my husband (like New York on top of the empire state building). Happy Valentines Day, Kenneth: I love our life together!

No comments:

Post a Comment