Monday, February 15, 2010

ABS Nationals Finals



Sorry for no post since Friday- just got back in Atlanta and got the ol' laptop charged back up. For me, the finals on Saturday night were a bit of a disappointment- winding up in 11th place. I was not very excited about the problems set, but that is how comps go: sometimes the problems suit you/inspire you. . . and sometimes they don't. I did well on the first two problems only to get completely shut down by the slab problem, unable to reach a hold statically and unable to control the swing. Then I tapped out on the fourth problem when the start required my left hip (my bad hip) to be in a position that felt like I was risking injury. I still had a lot of fun at the event, but my friends that came to spectate were disappointed not so much by the route-setting, but by the lack of beer (what kind of climbing comp is this?). The disappointment faded quickly afterwords thanks to good times with friends and diner food, and my thoughts moved on to plans for the spring. I'm feeling pretty strong and capable of competing well, so I'm strongly considering competing in the Earthtreks Roc Comp in April, hopefully having some more time to prepare for that event than I had to train for this one.



No comments:

Post a Comment