Thursday, October 15, 2009

Spartacus

Today we hiked past the Grande Grotta and on to the Spartacus Wall: phenomenal pocket pulling with very unique rock. I warmed up and got on Spartacus (7b+)- very cruxy with great pocket & tufa moves on either side of the crux. The route Daniboy (8a) was recommended to me and I gave the onsight a respectable go, but missed several of the tufa sweet spots. I was happy to send second go and incidentally pissed off some of the Euros that had been working the route. The route has got to be one of my favorites. It has friendly holds with a wide variety of flowing moves. For every difficult cross-through there were feet exactly where I wanted them. Definitely felt a tad soft for the grade, but absolutely stunning route climbing.


The ground crew

Moments before mono
Building confidence for the send



Kenneth on Daniboy (8a)
Kenneth looking cute & alpine-like

No comments:

Post a Comment