Friday, November 4, 2011

Competition Comeback

So I'm staging a competition comeback. Who knows how far it will go, but I've got the bug again and I'll be going to Horse Pens 40 tomorrow to compete in the last leg of the Triple Crown. I route climbed throughout my pregnancy and started back not too long after delivery, but bouldering was something that was on pause for a LONG time. I started bouldering again a couple months ago and took Annie for her first bouldering trip the first cool day this fall. I really thought that after Annie competition climbing would be a thing of my past. I knew that finding the time to train would be difficult and when given the choice I will always choose playing and hanging out with the coolest little girl around over training. The crag, though, offers a perfect venue for both. Annie couldn't be any happier than she is when she’s outside. She’s earned the nickname ‘Acorn Annie’ for her affinity with anything that comes off a tree (leaves, sticks, and of course acorns).

Preparing for this competition has been a series of failures. For example, having the car packed & running warm ready to leave for a day of bouldering, only to realize when moving the sleeping baby from crib to carseat that she was coming down with croup. Or the many nights that I meant to go to the gym, but Kenneth had to work late or Annie wouldn’t go back to sleep for him. Or even the few times that I braved the climbing gym with Annie in tow who would have the time of her life tearing around the gym while little to no training was accomplished.

So this will certainly make things interesting tomorrow. I can honestly say I have no idea how I will climb. The last time I climbed at Horse Pens was two years ago and the last time I walked through the boulders was when I was 9 months pregnant with Annie. I do believe that 90% of climbing success is mental and I’m certainly going to rally some serious psych! Having a little lady along will certainly be inspiration and at least I know she’ll be happy that Horse Pens has plenty of acorns : )


2 comments:

  1. We are very happy for you Kate and as long as you are having fun, Horse Pens will be a success for you, Annie and Kenneth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. but bouldering was something that ended up being upon pause Buy Runescape Gold for years. I started bouldering again two months back along with required Annie seo on her behalf 1st bouldering journey the very first awesome day this particular slide. I seriously thought that soon after Annie opposition climbing would be a factor associated with my earlier. My partner and i realized which locating the time for you to educate can be difficult and when due to the choice I am going to always decide on actively playing and getting together with the coolest little girl close to more than coaching. The crag, even though, supplies a perfect location for. Annie would not always be any more comfortable as compared to she's when she's outside the house. She's earned the particular play name ??Acorn Annie to be with her affinity along with whatever comes off a new tree (foliage, sticks, and naturally acorns).

    Getting ready for this levels of competition is a huge Cheap Runescape Gold group of disappointments. For instance, keeping the car jam-packed & jogging comfortable prepared to abandon for the day's bouldering, simply to comprehend while shifting the actual sleeping child via baby crib to carseat she had been decreasing with croup. Or even the several evenings that we meant to navigate to the gymnasium, however Kenneth was required to work overdue or perhaps Annie wouldn?¡¥t return to sleep regarding him or her. Or even the rare occasions which i braved your hiking gym with Annie along who contain the time of her lifetime shredding throughout the health club even though hardly any training had been accomplished.

    ReplyDelete