Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Tunnels Beach

Today has been the greatest day yet. Tunnels is the most magical beach with the mountains in the distance, surf beyond the reef, and an entire colorful underwater world inside the reef. One of my great hopes for this trip was getting to swim with a sea turtle and it came true today. After spending the morning snorkeling the reef- seeing almost every fish on the 'fish card' and lobsters, sea cucumbers, urchins, etc- we had an amazing lunch of ono fish salad. Shortly after we finished eating, I spotted some turtles swimming up the reef towards the deeper water. After scrambling to get there in time, we had almost a full half hour swimming with a couple of turtles and I was in heaven. They were timid at first, but became more curious as we just hung out and watched them swim. Our day finished by watching the sun set over Hanalei Bay while eating ice cream. I love vacation.


the reefs are full of technicolor fish like this one
I heart snorkeling

who knew turtles can fly?
Kenneth & I chillin with some sea turtles

sunset at hanalei bay

No comments:

Post a Comment